Summer Road Trip Essentials
What should you pack to be prepared for unexpected life events? Here’s a quick list:
- Important car documents (insurance, registration, etc.)
- Car audit (wheels, brakes, gas, oil, etc.)
- Car phone charger/portable chargers
- First aid kit
- Windshield covers
- Hand sanitizer
- Portable WiFi - It sounds silly, but it makes important online features easily accessible! Check out the company Skyroam, where you can buy or rent a WiFi pack.
- Water bottle and silverware
- Waterproof jacket
- Hiking boots/shoes
- Bug spray
- Extra water
- Extra food/snacks
- National parks pass
- Road atlas
- Roadside emergency kit - They usually include jumper cables, a flashlight, a first aid kit and more! Check out this AAA, 64 piece one found on Amazon.
- Small cooler
Looking for some inspirational travel ideas?
According to Travel + Leisure, some of America’s best road trips are:
- Antelope Valley, California
- Rockefeller Parkway, Wyoming
- Route 100, Vermont
- Going-to-the-Sun Road, Montana
- U.S. 1, Florida Keys
- San Juan Skyway, Colorado
- Route 66, Illinois to California
- Route 12, Utah
That’s all for now. Happy traveling!
Sources: Travel + Leisure
, Two Scots Abroad
, and A Dangerous Business